NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading
The Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading course exposes students to the basics of reloading centerfire metallic cartridges with little or no prior experience in reloading. This is an intense 9-hour class that will cover all of the information necessary to enable you to safely reloading straight-wall pistol and bottleneck rifle cartridges for a variety of firearm types.
To provide beginning reloaders with the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely reload metallic cartridges. During the class, students will use a variety of standard reloading equipment to produce functioning ammunition.
- Introduction to Reloading and Reloading Safety
- Centerfire Cartridge Components
- Using Reloading Manuals and Reloading Data
- Metallic Cartridge Reloading Equipment Overview
- The Metallic Cartridge Reloading Process
- Hands-On Cartridge Reloading
- Course Review and Examination
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Attendees should bring lunch, snacks, and safety glasses. Everything else (equipment, components, tools, etc) will be supplied by the instructor.
Attendees Will Receive:
- A copy of the NRA Guide To Reloading
- A 75-page workbook that includes a hard copy of all the course materials
- Real-time feedback on the practical exercises conducted during the course
- Friendly expert instruction as you make functioning ammo using top of the line equipment
- A certificate of completion from the NRA
Please Note: There is a short written test on the lesson material at the end of the course.